Things Are Chugging Right Along

We have been B-U-S-Y with restorations and repair projects, and trailer sales are still moving along as well. We’re noticing that supply chains are still a little slower than normal, but it depends on what parts and trailer sizes are on order. 

Here is where we’re at on our current project vehicles:

1966 Chevrolet Impala

We just started on this classic sleeping beauty! The engine was removed today after a rough start getting it into the service bay. This popular classic car will be a total frame-off restoration project. Right now we’re discussing some client decisions regarding the interior and how the client wants to go with that. The engine is back from the rebuilder Check out the new photo gallery here.

1976 AMC Gremlin

Body has been painted in primer, and the engine bay has been painted a springy shade of green. Seats are going to be reupholstered in a black vinyl with a fun surprise fabric (you’ll have to wait to see what that is!). Once the seats are getting reupholstered, we’ll also be installing a new carpet and headliner in the car. Check out the updated photo gallery here.

1972 Plymouth Scamp

She is looking fantastic with her new paint, vinyl top, and all of her trim accessories and seals added back on! The owner couldn’t be happier and loves her new, refreshed look. Check out the her updated photo gallery here.

1953 Willy’s Jeep Truck

This truck was another frame off restoration. The body has been painted in primer, new black paint job, and the interior has been sound deadened with Dynamat. The windows have been reinstalled. Next up the upholsterer will be installing the floorboard carpeting, headliner, and the interior trim and upholstery will be finished. Check out the updated photo gallery here.

1974 Chevrolet Corvette

This Corvette is another one that came to us with some mechanical and technical issues that we’ve been working on. A new carburetor, rebuilt intake manifold, and repaired dash were first on the list. Next up we corrected an….interesting mechanical issue that we found while working on the gauge cluster in the dash (a previous owner did a DIY fix a la MacGyver). The driver’s side door latch was replaced and the driver’s side seat was sitting crooked, so we repaired the seat mechanism. We also replaced the floorboard carpeting.

Now we’re working on getting the power window mechanisms working correctly. As of today, we’ve replaced the bushings and mechanisms.  

1980 Chevrolet Step-side

This beloved truck was brought to us by a family who wanted it brought back to life. First up was getting the truck running, which went a lot smoother than we thought. We’ll be replacing the steering column, instrument cluster, and rebuilding the front suspension. Once all that is complete we will reassess and go from there. Check out the photo gallery here. (Photos coming soon)

1949 Ford F5 Dump Truck

This truck has been a BEAST, presenting some interesting challenges in getting this monster up and running! 6 volt system that was grounded to the frame of the truck was providing some brain puzzling obstacles to getting the lights to work reliably and with enough power to be seen easily. Our mechanics worked diligently on this and basically had to rebuild a whole new wiring harness to get the system to run properly. The exterior is a lovely color, and we won’t be touching any of the cosmetic looks for this workhorse of a truck. Check out the photo gallery here. (Photos coming soon)